DIY Lorax Costume
This DIY Lorax costume - fueled by procrastination, caffeine, and a lack of funds - was a popular one on my former site, Anna K. Originals. So, I thought I'd share it here, too.
What you'll need:
- cheap yellow framed sunglasses (mine were $1 at Wal-Mart)
- a yellow craft foam sheet
- hot glue
- orange t-shirt ($5 at the craft store)
How to make it:
- Gently pop the lenses out of the sunglasses
- Draw and cut out two eye brows and a large mustache on the yellow craft foam. Need a template for the brows and 'stache? Download and print a template here.
- Attach the foam cut outs to the sunglasses frames with hot glue.
- Have the future wearer of the costume try on the glasses to make sure there is enough room for their nose between the sunglasses and the mustache. Adjust as needed by trimming the foam mustache.
- Don the glasses, a bright orange t-shirt or hoody, and an expression of grumpy, if endearing, earnestness and, voila! The Lorax!
I wanted to be sure and add this tutorial here for all of your Earth Day, Dr. Seuss's Birthday, Halloween, Book Parade, and/or Birthday Party needs.
This costume is inexpensive, uncomplicated, comfy enough to wear all day, and so much fun!
If you have any questions, please comment below. :)